COUNTRY CHASING FIREFLIES “LUCY”
WE ARE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR SUITABLE GUARDIAN HOMES. SOMETIMES WE WILL HAVE A PUPPY. SOMETIMES WE WILL BE LOOKING TO PLACE A FEMALE AND OTHER INSTANCES IT WILL BE A MALE. OUR GUARDIAN HOME IS A WIN-WIN FOR ALL. A GUARDIAN HOME ENDS UP WITH A PICK OF A LITTER AFTER FULFILLING THE BREEDING CONTRACT AND AT THE SAME TIME WE KNOW THAT ALL OF OUR DOGS ARE RECEIVING THE LOVE AND ATTENTION THEY NEED AND CRAVE.
Our Guardian Home Program
Being a guardian family for a dog can be an excellent way to own a breeding quality dog for a family pet without all the upfront expense. Health testing and fees related to breeding are the responsibility of LakeRidge Labradoodles. Routine vet care, grooming, feeding, training and socializing are the responsibility of the Guardian Family.
We believe every dog deserves a loving forever family that they can call their own. We are not a kennel breeder as dogs raised in kennels do not get the socialization and stimulation that is needed to be a well-balanced happy dog. Because we believe that a family life is of utmost importance, our Guardian Homes have become an important part of our program which benefits everyone involved, the dog, the breeder and the forever family.
Our Guardian Home Program allows for local families to have a breeder's “Pick of the Litter” puppy. These pups live with you as your family dog while we retain breeding rights for the dog. The puppies are whelped at our home and the mama stays with us until pups are weaned. After 8 weeks, mom will then return to you. At the end of the breeding career of the dog, ownership of the dog is then permanently transferred to the guardian home family. Your deposit is refundable upon the completion of the breeding career of your dog.
Our needs are forever changing. We may have dogs available to guardian homes that have not yet made it to our webpage. If interested, please inquire! We prefer that you fill out a puppy application. In the comments section, please state that you are interested in learning more about our guardian home program.
How to qualify as a Guardian Home
In order to ensure the safety and health of the guardian home dog there are certain requirements to qualify for our Guardian Home Program. You must:
- Own your home.
- Have a fully fenced yard.
- Provide basic obedience for your Lakeridge Labradoodle puppy, either in a group setting or private trainer and ensure the puppy is well socialized. Enrolling in K-9 good citizenship is highly recommended at the completion of basic obedience.
- Provide veterinary care when needed and follow Lakeridge Labradoodles’ recommendations regarding vaccines, flea and tick care and any medications necessary.
- Someone must be home during the day or have a schedule that does not require the puppy to be alone for long periods of time.
- Agree to feed what we feed our dogs.
- Keep the dog professionally groomed at least once every 6 weeks.
- Keep open communication with Lakeridge Labradoodles and provide regular updates and photos as the puppy grows so we can update our website.
- Live within a 60 mile radius of Killingly, Ct .